Welcome to the Street Photography Magazine website! SPM is a monthly digital magazine designed to inspire street photographers and bring together a community where both professional and amateur photographers can share and learn from one another.
Each month we publish a digital magazine full of interviews with inspiring street shooters, images from streets around the world, tips and tricks to improve your technique and original photo projects and essays. We’ve expanded our content to include a regular blog and podcast. You can also follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter being our networks of choice – or join our Flickr group.
Basically, our mission is to help street photographers (ourselves included) to get from where they are to where they want to be by learning from one another. If you’re already shooting on the street we’ll teach you some new tips and tricks. And if you’re new or curious we’ll help you get started. SPM will show you how other street photographers think, what they see, how they create, how they work and how they post process.
Go ahead and explore the site! To get you started we put together a few links to some of our most popular content.
- The Golden Ratio
- Street Photography and Privacy Rules Around the World
- How to Start a Successful Street Photography Project
- Street Photography and Crowds: How to Get Your Shot
- Stay Inspired to Create Consistently Strong Images
- Three Ways to Improve Your Mobile Street Photography
On Getting Published
- How to Get Published
- Tips for Creating a Photo Project or Essay
- Can You Make Money with Street Photography?
A Few of Our Favorite Podcast Episodes