TSPN stands for The Street Photographer Notebook. It’s a digital magazine, like our own, made for street photographers by street photographers. TSPN features stunning, contemporary street shots from some of the best known names in street photography and also provides an opportunity for street photographers who are new to the genre to have their work published, thereby gaining international visibility. It’s a great source of inspiration that’s been going strong for four years now.
To celebrate their success, TSPN has decided to launch the first edition of a street photography contest, the TSPN Awards 2018. Here are a few quick facts and rules for the competition, as stated by TSPN:
- “To keep the contest focused on Street Photography there is a moderation of the submissions.
- “The competition is not restricted to any specific brand or type of camera: we accept any photograph taken with DSLR, SLR, mirrorless, compact cameras, mobile phones, film or digital.
- “Out of all submissions, the best 3 images will be chosen. As a result, 3 prizes will be awarded in total.
- “The submitted photographs can be in colour or black- and-white, portrait or landscape format. Please note that only one image per participant will be accepted. Once you submit, you can’t change the participating picture.
- “Images must be submitted in JPEG format, 1920 px wide, 72 dpi. Please don’t insert watermarks or frames on the picture.”
This is an excellent contest to participate in. There is a €5 fee to enter submissions, but you get to choose an issue of the magazine to download – so it’s a really reasonable entry fee. There are no creative restrictions – another plus – and you have plenty of time to capture that perfect shot. The call for entries doesn’t end until September 30, 2018. So bookmark the page and head out to shoot, you have nine months to capture an entry worthy image. Good luck and happy shooting!