This month we are pleased to feature the work of Los Angeles street photographer Rinzi Ruiz. During our conversation Rinzi really digs deep into the mental side by discussing how he deals with anxiety anxiety and negative thoughts that many street photographers. Don’t miss it.
Also, we unveil a brand new design of the web version of Street Photography Magazine. After 7+ years of a minimalist design we have taken advantage of the latest web technologies to give extra emphasis to the amazing images that are the centerpiece of the magazine. Now, when you visit the website, the home page displays only the current magazine issue. The background is black to make the photos pop and we have moved to a full-width layout to give the photos the space they deserve on all screen sizes.
Here’s a video that shows what to expect.
In the Street Shooters of the Month section we include several strong photos from members of our Facebook Group by Randall Roberts, Geert Verstrepen, Philipp Meiners and Richard Marquardt along with direct submissions from Alan Wlasuk and Abhishek Singh.
Here’s what you will find in the September issue.
- Interview with Rinzi Ruiz - LA street photographer, Rinzi Ruiz, discusses his style and the mental side of street photography.
- 7 Street Situations Where a 21mm Lens Will Improve Your Photographs - Challenges and creative opportunities using an "ultra-wide" lens.
- Finding Inspiration in Diane Arbus’ Life - After reading "Diane Arbus Revelations" I had a few revelations of my own.
- Maarten Steunenberg on Street Photography - When I’m shooting, I see lives passing by – complete strangers living recognizable moments.
- Re-energizing My Street Photography During the Pandemic - How a look at my old work re-energized my vision.
- Street Shooters of September 2020 - Top contributions from members of our community.