Hurricane season in the US is upon us and many of our fellow citizens are bearing the brunt of Florence. It looks like we dodged a bullet here in Central Virginia, but that just means others to the south have to deal with it. Stay safe guys, our prayers are with you.
Because we scrambled to make sure the September issue is ready to go ahead of the storm we decided to publish it today (September 14) which is a day early. If you’re stuck inside and have power, this will give you something to read as you ride it out. Don’t miss Ashley Hunsberger’s article “The Konica and the Ghost Cat.” It’s very entertaining.
If you subscribe to the iOS or Android version, please note that the links below take you to the website. Instead, just open our app on your device and new issue will be there ready to read.
- Interview with Frank Blazquez - Frank uses portraiture to investigate humanity and tell a story, a story that revolves around the people who live in and around Albequerque's War Zone.
- The Konica and the Ghost Cat - SPM editor Ashley Hunsberger tells the story of her street photography experiment with an old Konica film camera during a trip to NYC.
- Dreamscapes - In a dream, things make sense and also don’t. It's a strange, persistent mixture. These are the dreamscapes Ray Anello is chasing.
- Eschatalogical Eye-candy - Stuart Paton talks about 'out-running his demons and re-enchanting his world,' as well as what could be done to practice a more noble form of street photography.
- Forgive Me Fuji for I have Sinned… - Matt Jerrams explains why this particular piece of Sony 'old tech' is too good to resist! Sorry Fuji...
- Street Shooters of September 2018 - Top contributions from members of the SPM community.