I can’t believe that 2021 is almost over. The year of women street photographers has flown by. But not without us giving Sofia Sebastian from our nation’s capitol some much deserved SPM love. Please be sure to check out her amazing street work along with her COVID project where she turns her camera on her family using her street style.
This issue also includes a powerful documentary piece by Kevin Zuniga about life in Mexico on the US border. And in a couple weeks Kevin will join us on the Street Photography Magazine Podcast to discuss his work in more detail.
And that’s just the beginning. Here’s what’s inside this month:
- Interview with Sofía Sebastián - Get to know talented Washington DC based street photographer.
- A Note on the Artistic Act and Honesty - Cristina Garlesteanu discusses why we make art - or excuses.
- The Mexican Dream - Kevin Zuniga's photos show that we all have the same dreams.
- On Being Seen - Kip Harris' best street portraits come from collaborating with his subjects.
- Cameron Scott on Street Photography - Sometimes it's nice just to be a part of life on the street.
- Street Shooters of November 2021 - Top contributions for members of our community.