Headed to Tokyo? If so, how can you navigate the busy streets and train systems, visit all the places on your “to-see” list and still manage to get some street photography in along the way? Fortunately for us, Melbourne Street Photography put together a handy guide with 10 super practical tips to make sure you make the most of your time in Tokyo. Below you’ll find a brief overview of the tips, but if you are planning a trip in the near future, be sure to visit the website to read the whole article.
Japan is full of delightful quirks and eccentricities. Here are some of my tips for the street photographer travelling to Japan.
1. Get a Mobile Wifi Router.
2. Google Maps is Your Friend.
3. Google Translate is Your Other Bestie.
4. Learn Some Basic Japanese.
5. Get the Airline Limousine Bus.
6. The Train System is Hot Mess.
7. Yodabashi for Gear.
8. My Favourite View.
9. Try Some Japanese Whisky.
10. What’s Happening? Time Out is both online and on paper. It is a great guide to what is happening during your stay.