For the most part street photography is all about the people. Whether it’s the people themselves caught in the moment or the effects of people it’s almost always about them. That’s why Terri Fold, our featured photographer this month is so fascinating. For her it’s all about the people too, only their streets are dirt roads or paths through the African bush.
Terri’s subjects are just as diverse and fascinating as everyone else, but her specialty is capturing them in infrared. Make sure you listen to her interview where you will learn how she interacts with people with whom she does not share a language or common culture. Yet she forms a deep and personal connection which enables her to make amazing images (and of course many friends). Her skills can serve any of us who photograph life on the streets a few blocks from home.
Are You Ready Take Your Own Street Photography Seriously?
If so, then the best thing you can do is invest in your skills and vision. To help you accomplish this we partnered with legendary street photographer, writer and educator, Harvey Stein to teach a special Documentary Street Photography live remote (via Zoom of course) workshop for members of our community.
Harvey is an excellent teacher who strives to bring out the best in his students. He is a very hands-on instructor who includes field assignments, evaluation sessions and lively discussion of your work. If you attend you will come out a better street photographer than when you started.
This 6-week course begins Tuesday, May 25 from 1:00 – 4:00 PM EDT. As of this writing we still have 4 spaces available. MORE INFORMATION
Here’s what to expect in this month’s issue of Street Photography Magazine
- Interview with Terri Gold - See places you've never been before through Terri Gold's infrared lens.
- Atlantic City - Jeff Wiles explores a city of broken promises that just happens to border the Atlantic Ocean.
- City Life - Half composed, half spontaneous, Martin Agius' images make city life something beautiful.
- LACP Street Photography Around the World Winners - Photos by the winners of this 2021 LACP contest.
- LACP Street Photography Around the World Finalists - Images by the talented finalists of this 2021 LACP competition.
- Photographing the Homeless: Art or Exploitation? - Is it ever ok to photograph the homeless? Hear what John Simpson thinks.
- Street Shooters of May 2021 - Top contributions from members of our community
- Our Street Shooters of the Month are: Greg Burnett, Kip Harris, Darshan Shah, Lisa McCord, Jeff Wiles, Magda Fulger.