As coronavirus spreads, lockdowns, travel bans and quarantines are the order of the day, which means no matter where you live in the world, you probably need some good reading material to get you through the day. That’s where the latest issue of Street Photography Magazine comes in, available for your viewing pleasure while you hunker down to avoid infection. This month, we’ve got a spectacular featured photographer interview, a piece on what it’s like to shoot the streets in China right now, a great travel piece on how to get the most out of a trip to Marrakesh (so you can start planning your next post-pandemic vacation), as well as some fascinating projects from a couple of places a little closer to home. Enjoy this issue folks and stay safe!
Here’s the lineup:
- Interview with Gulnara Samoilova - Meet a wonderfully talented street photographer who always looks to take her creativity to new and exciting places.
- End of the Line - It’s cold out but the Mummers aren’t feeling it. The alcohol is flowing freely and, even though the police are every few feet, no one cares.
- Street Shooting in the Age of Coronavirus - How does a coronavirus outbreak change the way you do street photography? Patrick Casey explores the before and after on the streets of Beijing.
- City Life in Marrakech - How can you get the most out of a trip to Marrakech (photographically speaking, that is)? Nils Leonhardt has some excellent suggestions.
- Claudio Blanc on Street Photography - Claudio talks about how he discovered his passion for street photography and what happens when street photography takes to the beach.
- Street Shooters of March 2020 - Top contributions from members of our community.
- Our Street Shooters of the Month are: Soemyint Winn, Yasser Alaa Mobarak, Kelly McCann, Lia Mageira, Matt Jerrams, Kip Harris, J-Philippe ROBERT, Adrien Jean, Joseph Smith, Katarzyna Kubiak, Luca Venturi.