Summer is heating up and in some lucky places the pandemic is slowing and street shooters are cautiously starting to head out to the streets once again. In other places, (*insert my home state Florida here*) the pandemic rages on leaving some of us stuck inside, ducking the heat and working on backlogged photo projects, cleaning up our social media feeds, and updating web pages we never got around to. In fact, it seems that the pause coronavirus has obliged us all to take has resulted in quite a few lovely photo projects coming to life. In this issue, we’ve quite a few interesting projects for you to enjoy, some created pre-pandemic and others during. We know you’ll enjoy the creative ways street photographers are continuing their work during these new and challenging times. Here’s what’s in store:
- Interview with Stuart Edwards - Meet Stuart, a filmmaker and street photographer based in Glasgow, a city full of interesting characters with stories aplenty.
- The Mystery of Mannequins - What is it about mannequins that make them an irresistible street photography subject? Jonas Grauel has a good explanation.
- Home Under Lockdown - What's a street photographer to do when under lockdown? Jyotik Bhachech has the perfect solution.
- Nico Geerlings on Street Photography - Nico shares some of the joys and challenges he's experienced in street photography, along with some beautiful cinematic-style street shots.
- River Rejuvenation - A peaceful river or a filthy drain? A place to worship or a garbage dump? Abhishek Singh explores these questions on the bank of the Yumana River.
- Street Shooters of July 2020 - Top contributions from members of our community.
- Our Street Shooters of the Month are: Francis Yumang, Alberto Alaggio, Anastasia Ioffe, Mrinmoy Das, Abhishek Singh, Adam Quittner, Wayne Richards.