This month we are thrilled to publish our 7th anniversary issue! My how time flies. It seems like only yesterday that we were struggling to pull everything together to get the magazine off the ground. Today with the help and support of street photography enthusiasts like you Street Photography Magazine is still going strong. Thank you all for your support and a special thanks to our editor, Ashley Hunsberger, who keeps us on track.
Also this month we introduce a temporary series that features photos from our community that depict how they view the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic in their world. Let’s hope the series is a short one. But while it’s here we’ll keep publishing your vision of our common enemy. This additional article is published outside our paywall so that it is available free to everyone.
If you wish to submit a photo or two to be considered for publication please see the information in the article Coronavirus in the lives of our community. Response to this has been overwhelming making it impossible to contact everyone who has submitted photos. But we’ll list the names of those who have been chosen for publication in this post which is published on the 15th of each month shortly after the magazine is available.
This month you will see Coronavirus photos made by Cristóbal Carretero Cassinello, Carlos P Beltran, Joseph Smith, Lodiza LePore, Paul Adkisson, Kevin Icabales, Perry Hall, Harsh Mathur, Geert-Verstrepen, Dan Spencer, Chris Talbot and Alex Casares.
- Interview with Eric Davidove - Meet Eric Davidove and learn some specific techniques that can help you to improve your skills with your camera and your ability as a storyteller.
- Mystery in Streets - Hasssan Sadek explores what makes mystery an integral part of street photography - and life itself.
- The Istanbul Example: When Does Color Help in Street Photography? - André Vallejo explores when color adds meaning and insight into street photography images.
- Pongpon Sawangvong on Street Photography - Pong talks about shooting the streets in Thailand, how observation reflects self-interest and the power of being inspired by fellow photographers.
- Seeing Stories - Nickolay Romensky talks about how street photography allows us to see outside of our routines to discover stories unfolding all around us.
- Street Shooters of April 2020 - Top contributions from members of our community.
- Our Street Shooters of the Month are: Jillian Meyer, Marcos Rodríguez Pérez, Yoel gracia alonso, Kip Harris, Ritam Chakraborty, Hillel Winograd.