As soon as I finish this post we will push the button to publish Issue 8 of SPM. It’s a little late because at the same time we are launching a new app version. It won’t look much different to to you, but it has some cool new stuff in the back end that will allow us to sell single issues in the very near future.
Your device will either download the app automatically or you will be prompted to do so. It’s pretty small and installs very quickly. Once it’s live, you will see a big red Subscribe button at the top of the slide-out menu. Not to worry, your subscription is still working.
Tap the Subscribe button and a drop-down box will appear. Tap the blue Resubscribe button. You will be asked to enter your Apple password and you will be good to go. You will not be charged.
If this doesn’t work
However, some devices (and I still don’t know why) have had a problem where it won’t accept your password. If that happens to you, then you need to delete the app and download it again. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap and hold the app icon in the Newsstand. When it starts to wiggle tap the “X” in the upper left-hand corner, then choose “Delete” to confirm
- Then go the the App Store and and reinstall the Street Photography Magazine app. You can either do a search for street photography magazine or click this link if you’re viewing this message on your iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id609384207?mt=8
- On the app page, tap the little Cloud icon to download the app. It only takes a few seconds. You may see an Update button. If so, click that and enter your iTunes password.
- Once installed open the app
- In the menu you will see a red Subscribe button. Tap the Subscribe button, then tap the blue Restore Purchases button. It will ask for your password again.
- Enter your password and your subscription will be restored.
If that doesn’t work, restart your device (it’s a good idea to do this anyway). To do this, hold down the Home Button and the On/Off button at the same time. Hold them down until the screen goes blank. Then press the on/off key again. This is the same as restarting your computer.
If you continue to have problems please contact us.