Here’s some important information about the new version of the Street Photography Magazine app.
We just moved SPM to a new publishing platform and app. We know you’re going to really like it, but you need to do two simple things to keep receiving the latest issues (Apple Newsstand version).
- Make sure you have the newest version of the SPM app (7.6.1). To download it open your Apps and look for Street Photography Magazine. Click the icon and the new version will download.
- Then reactivate your subscription. Just open the magazine in the Apple Newsstand, click the yellow subscribe button and make your subscription choice (Monthly or Annual). Your previous monthly subscription has already been cancelled.
Here’s a short video that shows how to refresh your subscription
Very Important Subscription Information
Because we are switching to a different publishing platform our current monthly subscription (In App Purchase) will not work with the new version. In fact it will automatically cancel which means current subscribers will no longer be charged.
To continue receiving the magazine it will be necessary to reactivate your subscription. The monthly price is the same ($1.99US per month). When you reactivate you’ll receive your first 7-Days for free.
Subscribers will have access to all past issues up to Issue 17. We are in the process of recreating the past issues to work on the new platform. As of January 21 Issues 1-3 and 1-=8 are available for download. We plan to have them completed by Saturday, January 24. I’ll keep this section updated as we work through the process.
Any issue on the magazine app page that contains a “Private” banner like this one is available to active subscribers as part of their subscription. Basically it means this issue is Private for subscribers only.
Please note, all subscriptions in the Apple Newsstand are sold by Apple. They handle all billing issues (and they’re very good at it). I’m not pointing fingers, that’s just how they roll. But if you feel you’re missing any past issues please let us know.
New Look, Style and Functionality
We’ll make a short video and add some screenshots of the new mag version as soon as it’s live. But here are a couple navigation things to keep in mind in the meantime.
- Menu – Tap and hold on for a couple seconds and the menu will appear at the bottom of your screen. Then simply slide up and down to select your article.
- Slide Left and Right – You can move between articles by sliding left and right…pretty simple.
- Return to Main Page – Tap and hold and you will see a “Home” link appear in the upper left had corner of the screen. Tap it and you will return to the main screen with all past issues.
Over the past year we have had many subscribers ask how to delete old issues from their device. Because SPM publishes so many photos the issue files can be pretty large. Unfortunately the previous platform didn’t have the functionality to delete issues. The good news is that our new platform gives you the ability to delete old issues and re-download them whenever you like.
Thank you for your patience.