In this episode of our podcast Ashley Hunsberger and I discuss some things you can do to help you feel more comfortable when photographing strangers on the street. This is the number one concern among street photographers.
We also talk about a new workshop Harvey Stein has coming up in India, Len Speier’s gallery opening in Manhattan and Michael Ernest Sweet’s upcoming lecture at B&H Photo in New York about the making of a photography book.
Our recommended photographer this week is Margarita Mavromichalis. It was my turn to pick so I was pleased to be able to talk about one of my very favorite street photographers in her very personal style. Here’s one of my favorite photos of hers:
- Street Photography Magazine August Issue – Web Version
- Street Photography Magazine August Issue – iOS Version (click this in your iPhone or iPad)
- SPM Flickr Group
- Margarita Mavromichalis Lesvos Article in Street Photography Magazine – Web Version in Issue 32
- Margarita Mavromichalis Lesvos Article in Street Photography Magazine – iOS Version in Issue 32 (click this in your iOS device)
- Interview with Margarita Mavromichalis – Issue 17 – Web Version
- Interview with Margarita Mavromichalis – Issue 17 – iOS Version
- Margarita Mavromichalis Website
- How to submit SPM Gallery photos through Flickr
- Harvey Stein Website
- Michael Ernest Sweet The Making of a Photography Book
- B&H Photo Event Space Seminars
- Brussels Street Photography Festival