Matthew Wylie is a Texas native who now finds himself living in Toronto, Ontario. When he is not out on the streets taking captivating street shots, he works as a high school literature teacher. Interestingly enough, his work has greatly influenced his style as a street photographer.
Matthew enjoys shooting in Toronto’s financial district early in the day, as well as at Kensington Market, where he has taken some incredible shots. He has an eye for capturing moments that are reminiscent of scenes from books he’s read. Often, he names his photos after passages from those books.
Matthew’s creativity and his passion for street photography are easy to spot in his work. He shoots with his iPhone using the Hipstamatic app and uses a few favorite presets depending on the weather conditions and lighting.
To find out more about Matthew’s techniques and take on street photography, click on the audio player below.
A Selection of Matthew’s Photos
Hipstography – Rub by Eric Rozen – excellent source for Hipstamatic Combo studies and spreads.
Matthew’s Published Articles in Hipstopgraphy
- http://hipstography.com/en/news-en/hipstamatic-street-photography.html (an article about Matthew’s Hipstamatic Facebook Group)
Matthew’s App Recommendations
- Hipstamatic App in App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hipstamatic/id342115564?mt=8
- Oggl App in App store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oggl-discover-create-collect/id640339204?mt=8
- VSCO App in App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vsco-cam/id588013838?mt=8
- Snap Magazine App: http://the.snapm.ag/