Each year, hundreds of photography competitions take place around the globe, which makes finding a street photography contest at the right time that matches your style and physical location can be challenging. With that in mind, we’ve put together a list of eight stand-out street photography competitions going on in 2018, all with open calls for entry right now. Best of all, they all accept entries from anywhere around the globe, making just about all of our readers eligible for entry. So get your submissions ready and then choose one or several of the following contests to participate in:
- Images must be considered street photography.
- You can use any kind of camera.
- Your image can be B&W or color images, portrait or landscape.
- You can only submit one photo.
- Images requirements are as follows: JPEG format, 1920 px wide, 72 dpi. No watermarks or frames.
- Entry fee: £5
- 1st place: A cover story feature in the magazine, including a brief interview. A gold subscription to TSPN, as well as access to 36 back issues, and a leather camera strap offered by Italy Camera Strap.
- 2nd place: A gold subscription to TSPN and your winning photo featured in the magazine.
- 3rd place: A silver subscription to TSPN and your winning photo featured in the magazine.
- 4-10th place: 3 issues of TSPN
Call for Entries Ends: September 30, 2018
- Your image must fit in one of the following categories: landscape, street, portrait, after dark, wedding, panoramic, retro, HDR, travel, drone, wildlife, macro.
- You can submit as many images as you desire.
- Image requirements are as follows: JPEG or JPG with a quality setting of 10; 1500px on the longest side at 72 DPI; Saved as 8 bit; Converted to an sRGB color space; and must not exceed 2MB
- Entry fee: One entry – $30 USD, discounts are available for multiple entries.
- 1st place: Canon EOS 5D MKIV
- 2nd place: DJI Mavic Air Drone
- 3rd place: $500 Voucher
Call for Entries Ends: October 31, 2018
StreetPhoto San Francisco – International Street Photography Awards
- Each submitted image must fall within the broad rubric of “street photography,” meaning that it should not have been staged and it should not have been “photoshopped” or digitally manipulated in ways beyond commonly accepted darkroom techniques, such as adjusting exposure, contrast, and color saturation.
- A street photograph need not have been captured on an actual street. Unstaged photos shot in any location are acceptable.
- Photos may be either monochrome or color.
- Do not submit photos with watermarks or artificially embellished borders (borders such as those that would be created during darkroom printing are acceptable).
- Entrants do not need to be preset at the festival to win awards or prizes.
- There is no limit to the number of photos an entrant may submit
- Entry fee: First image: $20, second image: $20, additional images: $12
- 1st Prize: $1500, one copy of the StreetFoto San Francisco 2018 book, and international recognition. Other prizes to be announced.
- 2nd Prize: $500, One copy of the StreetFoto San Francisco 2018 book and international recognition. Other prizes to be announced.
- 3rd Prize: A signed copy of Matt Stuart’s “All the Life Can Afford,” one copy of the StreetFoto San Francisco 2018 book and international recognition. Other prizes to be announced.
Call for Entries Ends: April 28, 2018
- This annual competition is open to photographers of all backgrounds and all levels, including professionals and amateurs. All forms of black and white photography created with traditional or digital methods are accepted.
- Your images must fit into one of the following images: abstract, architecture, conceptual, fine art, landscapes, nature and wildlife, nude, people, photojournalism, portrait, street photography, travel.
- Entry fee: Series $30, single entry $25
- $3,000 award – Black and white series of the year
- $2,000 award – Black and white photo of the year
Call for Entries Ends: May 13, 2018
- Submit images that epitomise the place where you live.
- You can only enter one image.
- You can submit color or B&W images.
- Entry fee: £5 per image
The top 30 selected images will be exhibited on our website and at a central London location for three months. Out of the 30 selected, three will win:
- First Place: £50 cash prize
- Second Place: £30 cash prize
- Third Place: £20 cash prize
Call for Entries Ends: March 31, 2018
Image categories are
- Photos in colour or in black and white are acceptable.
- Image categories are – Street Photography, Architecture & Urban Geometries, Transport, Urban Art, People, Urban Animals, Creative Photography.
- Post production is allowed. Software corrections are to be kept to a minimum. Hard post production and photo editing are accepted only where explicitly indicated.
- Pictures with visible signatures from the photographer will not be accepted.
- We do not accept images or works with offensive content; decisions regarding content will be made by the jury and are to be considered final.
- Entry fee: Themed photos are £10 for the first image and £5 for each additional image. Stories and portfolio entries are £30.
URBAN 2018 Winner
- € 1,000 in Amazon vouchers
- 1 “Signature 10” Think Tank bag (€ 250 value)
- 3 nights in Trieste (€ 250 value*) for URBAN Photo Awards Final Ceremony during Trieste Photo Days 2018.
- 1 Stroppa strap (€ 33 value)
- 1-year subscritpion to Street Photography Magazine web version (€ 20 value)
- URBAN 2018 winner’s trophy and medal
There will also be three themed photo winners and two honorable mentions, as well as three projects and portfolio winners and two honorable mentions. See website for prize details.
Call for Entries Ends: May 31, 2018
- The current contest theme is color.
- Any genre is acceptable.
- Entry fee: One image $20, three images $30, five images $50.
- 1st prize $1000
- 2nd prize $500
Call for Entries Ends: March 31, 2018
Note: The Independent Photographer has a new contest theme each month!
Urban Street Diving – Night Diving Contest
- The series must consist of minimum 5 to maximum 7 photos.
- The series must be shot at night, between dusk and dawn respectively.
- All photos must be taken within a certain radius or location e.g. street, district or event etc., to match the street diving approach.
- It must be a cohesive, related body of work.
- Any location within the urban public realm is acceptable i.e. subway, bus, shopping center, pub etc.
- Photos must fall under the category of (candid) street photography, therefore no set-up and no manipulation of the scene allowed.
- The photos do not have to necessarily include people.
- Any additional source of artificial lighting may (or may not) be used. (i.e. flash)
- Participation is free of charge.
- Only one series per participant.
- Alongside the pictures, please provide a short description about you and the series.
- Gallery Exhibition of the best photo series at RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam, which opens April 14, 2018 at 16:00 hs.
- Interview and publication on Urban Street Diving.
Call for Entries Ends: March 25, 2018